The DCM Melanger 50 is a low impact space-efficient tilting commercial refiner for making fine chocolate and nut and seed butters from scratch, and replaces the DCM 35 with increased capacity. This melanger (melangeur) is plug and play ready, built with high quality U.S. components and food-grade sealants, is energy efficient, and has a continuous duty motor that is engineered to run 24/7 without the risk of overheating or the need for external cooling fans.
The DCM Melanger 50 produces great shear that enables faster working times and maximum retention of the products natural qualities to produce fine flavor profiles. All natural high quality granite stones can refine particle size to less than 20 microns and speed of the drum is variable from 0 to 120 rpm. The variable frequency drive system saves electricity and allows the machine to operate efficiently, meeting or exceeding the latest international energy efficiency standards.
LOW IMPACT REFINER FOR BEAN TO BAR & NUT BUTTER MAKERS:
- UL, CE, & CSA approved motor, controls & components
- Custom made in the U.S.
- Can be operated by a single person
- 24/7 direct drive motor (1 HP) with motor overload protection
- Fully sealed gearbox; no belts or chains to maintain
- Variable bowl speed, 0 to 120 rpm
- Variable frequency drive system saves electricity & operates efficiently
- Produces great shear resulting in faster processing times
- All stainless steel extra heavy futy frame
- Drum tilting mechanism for easy unloading
- Fine tension controller adjusts stone pressure during refining / conching stages
- Easy to access emergency stop button
- No freight shipping required. Can be checked in as overweight luggage on flights.
- Spare parts available and delivered quickly to avoid extended downtime
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning and maintenance
- Limited 1 yr. manufacturer's warranty
- Optional pneumatic pressure system
- Optional Rapid Refiner
The DCM Melanger 50 is easy to service with a few tools and basic knowledge. Spare parts are available and delivered quickly to avoid extended downtime, and various options can be ordered such as double stainless steel deflector blades, pneumatic pressure system to ensure uniform force for more consistent batches, and a rapid refiner upgrade to control the temperature and aeration of chocolate during the entire process to reduce refining and conching times by as much as 30%.
- Capacity: 50 lbs. / 22 kgs per batch
- Weight: ~100 lbs / 45 kgs
- 110 - 120V standard (optional 200 - 230V), 50Hz / 60Hz, 2/1 amps
- Approximate machine size: 20 x 17.5 x 24" (50 x 44 x 60 cm)
- Approximate size shipping containers: Box 1: 14 x 14 x 14" / Box 2: 20 x 20 x 16"
NOTE: Photo shown is the DCM 35. New photos of the DCM 50 will be added soon. To learn more about DCM melangers or other bean to bar equipment, give us a call at TCF Sales: 512-201-4443.
SHIPPING: The DCM grinder / melangeur (or melanger) ships in 2 standard boxes via regular carrier allowing for easy worldwide shipping, and can be checked as overweight luggage on flights.