Made by Fbm, the RUMBO Melanger chocolate grinder mill provides the craft chocolate maker with more precise control over the chocolate making process. Unlike other melangers, the millstones in the RUMBO turn as opposed to the bowl or the base.
The RUMBO Melanger (or grinder) features a solid granite base and massive granite grinding stones; perfect for the craft chocolate maker committed to traditional stone-on-stone grinding.
Operated by a high-torque direct drive motor without belts or gears and incorporating forced hot air as desired, the RUMBO chocolate mill elevates small batch chocolate making to a new level. By heating the base and grinding stones prior to starting a batch, cocoa butter is more thoroughly expressed from the nib than when working from a cold start. Plus, more efficient conching action and shorter processing times can also be realized.
RUMBO MELANGER FEATURES:
- Solid granite base
- Granite millstones weighing 45 kg ea. (~99 lbs.)
- Direct drive, adjustable speed motor - No belts or chains
- Stainless steel working bowl disassembles for easy access and cleaning
- Bowl capacity: 120 kg (~265 lbs.)
- Recommended Batch capacity: 40 kg (~88 lbs.)
- Plexiglass bowl cover
- Millstones turn instead of bowl
- Forced ventilation with adjustable temperature; ambient up to 75°C (167°F)
- Can be turned on or remain on during grinding
- Mounted on wheels
So whether you are working from-the-bean, purchasing roasted nibs, or working from chocolate liquor, the Rumbo Melanger allows more precise control over chocolate making parameters. Because of its adjustable speed motor, you can run "low and slow" or 'hot and fast" to tailor the process to your specifications for a final product that tastes good and displays all the characteristics of chocolate that you desire.
- Height: 1700 mm (66.93")
- Width: 1360 mm (39.37")
- Length: 1000 mm (43.31")
- Weight: 400 kg (~881 lbs.)
- Clearance of dispensing spout from floor: 1.5'
Please contact us to learn more about this melanger or other craft chocolate making equipment.
Watch instructional video.