The DCM Melanger 20 Mark 2 is a low impact space-efficient tilting commercial refiner for making chocolate and nut and seed butters, and replaces the DCM 20 with increased capacity. This melanger (melangeur) is plug and play ready, built with high quality U.S. components and food-grade sealants, is energy efficient, and has a continuous duty motor that is engineered to run 24/7 without the risk of overheating or the need for external cooling fans.
The DCM melanger 20 Mark 2 features all-natural high-quality granite stones that can refine particle size to less than 20 microns. Speed is variable from 0 to 120 rpm and based on a standard work schedule of 225 days, annual production can reach over 2800 lbs / 1200 kg of fine chocolate and 4500 lbs / 2000 kg of nut butter.
LOW IMPACT REFINER - FOR BEAN TO BAR & NUT BUTTER MAKERS:
- UL, CE, & CSA approved
- Custom made in the U.S.
- 24/7 direct drive motor (1/4 HP) with motor overload protection
- Variable bowl speed, 0 to 120 rpm
- Variable frequency drive system saves electricity & operates efficiently
- Produces great shear resulting in faster processing times
- Drum tilting mechanism for easy unloading
- Fine tension controller adjusts stone pressure during refining / conching stages
- Easy to access emergency stop button
- No freight shipping required. Can be checked in as overweight luggage on flights.
- Spare parts available and delivered quickly to avoid extended downtime
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning and maintenance
- Limited 1 yr. manufacturer's warranty
- Optional pneumatic pressure system
The DCM Melanger 20 Mark 2 is ideal for creating award-winning chocolate and superior tasting nut butters and other spreads, pralines, and bases of gelato and ice cream. Operators control the bowl speed (0 to 120 rpm) and can adjust stone pressure during the refining process to personalize batches.
Leveling legs allow the machine to be leveled on an uneven surface and metal mating surfaces are rubber mounted to reduce vibration and improve performance. The DCM Melanger (melangeur) 20 Mark 2 is easily disassembled for cleaning and maintenance requires only basic know-how and simple tools. Spare parts are available and delivered quickly to avoid extended downtime.
- Capacity: 25 lbs. / 11 kgs per batch
- Weight: ~100 lbs / 45 kgs
- 110 - 120V standard (optional 200 - 230V), 50Hz / 60Hz, 2/1 amps, single ph
- Approximate machine size: 20 x 17.5 x 24" (50 x 44 x 60 cm)
- Approximate size shipping containers: Box 1: 14 x 14 x 14" / Box 2: 20 x 20 x 16"
The DCM grinder / melangeur (or melanger) ships in 2 standard boxes via regular carrier allowing for easy worldwide shipping, and can be checked as overweight luggage on flights. To learn more about DCM melangers or other bean to bar equipment, give us a call at TCF Sales: 512-201-4443.