This heavy duty chocolate melangeur or mill nib grinder provides the craft chocolate maker with more precise control over the chocolate making process that results in larger batches and reduced processing times.
Utilizing high quality componentry plus new technology, the RUMBO chocolate melangeur features massive solid granite grinding stones with a floating double axle design, a fixed stainless steel bowl, rotating wheels and adjustable speed regulation, special springs to ensure correct wheel pressure, a system of scrapers, and incorporates forced hot air as desired.
Operated by a high-torque direct drive motor without belts or gears, the RUMBO chocolate mill melangeur elevates small batch chocolate making to a new level. By heating the base and grinding stones prior to starting a batch, cocoa butter is more thoroughly expressed from the nib than when working from a cold start. Plus, hot air can further decrease processing time by reducing acidity and beginning the conching process.
RUMBO MELANGEUR FEATURES:
- 2 solid granite millstones weighing 45 kg ea. (~99 lbs.)
- Millstones turn instead of bowl
- Direct drive, adjustable speed motor - No belts or chains
- Stainless steel working bowl capacity: 120 kg (~265 lbs.)
- Recommended Batch capacity: 40 kg (~88 lbs.)
- Plexi-glass bowl cover with latch
- Forced ventilation with adjustable temperature; ambient up to 75°C (167°F)
- Can be turned on or remain on during grinding
- Mounted on wheels
So whether you are working from-the-bean, purchasing roasted nibs, or working from chocolate liquor, the Rumbo melangeur allows more precise control over chocolate making parameters. Because of its adjustable speed motor, you can run "low and slow" or 'hot and fast" to tailor the process to your specifications for a final product that tastes good and displays the chocolate characteristics that you desire.
- Height: 1700 mm (66.93")
- Width: 1360 mm (39.37")
- Length: 1000 mm (43.31")
- Weight: 500 kg (~1100 lbs.)
- Clearance of dispensing spout from floor: 1.5'
- Power: 30A; dedicated circuit recommended
- Electrical: 3 phase standard / single phase optional
Please contact us at TCF Sales to learn more about this chocolate melangeur, or other chocolate making equipment. Call 512-201-4443 or toll free 877-777-6982. Watch instructional video.
NOTES: Pricing subject to change based on currency conversion rate at the time of order. Product ships in a crate on a pallet and made to order. Please allow 2-6 wks. for shipment.